Mi A2 handsets are getting the latest Android version, bringing many new features, including adaptive battery, gesture navigation, and app actions. Notably, the latest Android build is reportedly being rolled out over-the-air (OTA) to Mi A2 users only in India as of now.
The Android 9.0 Pie update to Xiaomi Mi A2 comes just a few days after the Pie beta release for the smartphone was spotted. Meanwhile, screenshots of the stable Android 9.0 Pie update have been posted by some Mi A2 users on Xiaomi’s Mi Forum.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specifications:
– Xiaomi Mi A2 runs stock Android 8.1 Oreo
– 5.99-inch full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) display
– 18:9 aspect ratio and pixel density of 403ppi
– 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 5.
– Powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 660 SoC (four cores clocked at 2.2GHz and four cores clocked at 1.8GHz)
– 4GB or 6GB of RAM
– It comes with a dual rear camera setup, with a 12-megapixel Sony IMX486 sensor in the primary camera, featuring 1.25-micron pixels with a f/1.75 aperture. It uses a 20-megapixel IMX376 sensor as the secondary rear camera, with 2-micron pixels, 4-in-1 Super Pixel tech, and f/1.75 aperture
– For selfie, it bears 20-megapixel sensor, complete with a soft-light flash module
– 3,000mAh battery
– It bears a fingerprint sensor on the rear panel, while other sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, and proximity sensor.