Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has been one of the most popular smartphones from the Chinese maker in India and while it already has its successors in form of the Redmi Note 6 Pro and Redmi Note 7 Pro in the country, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro still gets a lot of interests in terms of traction from the users. The biggest reason for the same is the fact that Xiaomi sold millions and millions of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro units in India.
Now, if you are one of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro users in India, then there is a piece of good news for you as the smartphone has reportedly received a new update which brings system-wide dark mode and Game Turbo to the device for beta users. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has started receiving the MIUI 10 Global Beta 9.3.25 update which also brings Android 9.0 Pie and April security patch for the smartphone.
On the other hand, the system-wide dark mode has been added to display settings of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and the Settings page also received an overhaul. Since this is the MIUI Global Nightly Beta update, it is available for closed beta testers only for now. Although the Android Pie based MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM for all Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro users is also expected to be rolled out soon.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro gets dark mode, Game Turbo with new MIUI 10 update: Here’s how to download
1. Download “Recovery ROM” for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro from the Mi Community website (In.c.mi.com)
2. Transfer the downloaded ROM file to the root directory of your phone’s storage.
3. Go to Settings > About phone > System update.
4. Now tap on the three dots (for menu option) present at the top right corner.
5. Tap on the update package.
6. Select the MIUI 10 9.3.25 Recovery ROM file from the file explorer window.
7. Now, tap the Ok button.
8. The installation process will begin after which you will be asked to reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro to install the update.
9. Tap on the Reboot option and then select the update.
10. The update process for MIUI 10 could take a few minutes to get finished.
11. Go Settings > About phone > check the MIUI version to check your current MIUI version for confirmation.
For the unknown, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro was the company’s first dual rear camera smartphone in India and it was launched with MIUI 9.2 based on Android 7.1 Nougat. The device later received the MIUI 9.5 update based on Android 8.1 Oreo and in September last year, the MIUI 10 was rolled out for the smartphone. Now, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has started receiving the MIUI 10 Global Beta 9.3.25 update based on Android 9.0 Pie.